Friday, September 3, 2010

KCAI ANIM: Hunting and Gathering Project, Part 1


As a kid, one of my favorite places to go was the Henry Raab Elementary School back in Belleville. At about 8, 9, or 10 years old, I would always go there whenever I had nothing else to do. It was only a couple of blocks away from my house, so a lot of times I'd bring along my dog, Midnight. We would always go and sit next to the tree in the middle of the playground. I remember racing her to the other side of the school and back. I'd also ride bikes there and skate there. I barely go there now, seeing as how Midnight passed away 3 years ago, and I have no real interest in going there anymore. But I usually only go now to pick up my brother or sister from school or from playing with their friends. I would have to say that Henry Raab was my favorite place to go when I was growing up.




Though I was in Kansas City for at least as long as a year when I came here as a Freshman, I barely left the school. One reason being because I suck with directions and have no car here. So my favorite locally has to be the Jannes Library here at KCAI. It was the place I visited most often, seeing as they had pretty much all the kinds of things I needed for assignments-computers, printers, and people to answer questions. Aside from doing almost all my writing based work in the computer lab, I also received counseling there which I could not have passed Freshman year without. There was a computer lab in the Living Center, but I usually couldn't finish my homework in there. So, I was left with the computer lab at             
the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment